We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the reviewing, development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Review the current code and optimize it
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Support junior developers and perform code review sessions
- +3 years of experience in android mobile development
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Experience with google ads network like AdMob
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of Version Control t
ools, such as Git
- Relationship Building
The ability and willingness to develop and exploit a range of productive relationships both inside and outside the team.
The ability to gather relevant information, noticerelationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.Customer Orientation
The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Organising Work
The ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve a project or task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals
The ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others using appropriate language, vocabulary and style.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
The ability and motivation to apply and develop one’s own professional and technical knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
The willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and with our undue escalation.
- Achievement Orientation
The determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
Preferred academic level required: BSc. in Computer Science