Growth hackers jobs’ responsibilities
Here is a list of responsibilities a growth hacker should take:
– Choosing in accordance with the other departments which metrics/KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to focus on.
– Bringing traditional and creative ideas how to grow those KPIs.
– A/B testing those ideas.
– Analyzing the data and users’ feedback.
– Exchanging ideas/data/feedback with other departments (Product, marketing, top management) in order to present results and make the product more user-centric.
– Driving traffic to your website, landing pages, social media, apps…
– Understanding conversion rate optimization (CRO) principles and hacks and being able to apply CRO hacks to any businesses.
– Working on a lean startup process.
– Working with the AARRR Sales Metrics Diagram (Acquisition – Activation – Retention – Referral – Revenue)
– Prioritizing growth channels.
– Optimizing channels in order to always improve the performance of ones business.
– Scaling and Automating the growth processes.
– Knowledgeable about referral marketing and being able to create viral growth.
What are the requirements to fit the growth hacker job description perfectly?
– Being data-driven and kind of a data-geek: clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics.
– Being social and understanding users’ behavior. Having great customer relations skills and being focus on customer experience (Note: being a people’s person should be part of the growth hacker’s capabilities but is also part of the the anatomy of an entrepreneur.
– Willing to learn.
– Having a startup mindset. If you’re not sure what a startup is (A startup is NOT a new tech company), you can check what is a startup here.
– A/B Testing and Data Analytics experience
– Editing and copywriting skills
– Not being scared of pivoting
– Knowledge about both inbound and outbound marketing
– Programming knowledge: even if it’s not compulsory, it is recommended.
– Being performance and results-oriented
– Being curious and creative
– Being relentless in pursuit of growth