The Social Media Manager will
administer the network’s social media marketing and administration includes but
is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Developmentof brand awareness and online reputation
- Cultivationof leads and sales
The Social Media Manager is
instrumental in managing the Network’s content-related assets. It’s clear then
that managing content should be part of the Social Media Manager’s Job
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the Network’s marketing and online review building).
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Manager
The first responsibility of a Social Media Manager is to develop and implement a social media marketing plan. The marketing plan will include the following components and should be reviewed no less than every 90 days.
- Brand development.
- Identify, engage and grow target customers
- Set Clear Objectives.
- Visual Design and Web Development Strategy
- Solid Content Strategy.
- Engagement Strategy.
- Conversion Strategy.
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI
Essential Duties of the Social Media Manager:
Manage social media day-to-day activities including:
1. Develop relevant content topics to reach the Network’s target customers.
2. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
3. Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
4. Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
5. Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
6. Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
7. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
8. Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the network. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
9. Analyze campaigns into recommendations and plans for revising social media
10. Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
2. Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
3. Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
4. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
5. Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
6. Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterestetc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
7. Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
8. Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the network’s field.
9. Displays the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
10. Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
11. Practices superior time management.
12. A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation
13. Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
14. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis